Exchanging one or more product packaging from plastic to cardboard or the recyclability of plastic bottles does not make the company itself, its marketing communication or product brand ecologically sustainable, eco-friendly or safe for its users. Using these term sets requirements to the entity, the overall plan of the company or brand all the way from manufacturing methods to logistic and use of the product.
We have promised (12/2019) to improve our chemical product from eco to better eco, step by step, product by product. The next Eco product and Eco chemical launch is in 2021. We lead in sustainablity.
DID YOU KNOW WHAT WE HAVE ALREADY DONE?
- GULFF is currently the only manufacturer of fly fishing chemical products that meets chemical authority requirements for floatants, UV resins, wader repairs, varnish and super glues. (The Classification, Labelling and Packaging (CLP) Regulation ((EC) No 1272/2008) is based on the United Nations’ Globally Harmonised System (GHS) and its purpose is to ensure a high level of protection of health and the environment, as well as the free movement of substances, mixtures and articles)
- GULFF UV resins
• are biodegradable
• not listed as a carcinogen (IARC)
• not subjected to know marine pollutant according to IMDG Code
• not subjected to environmentally hazardous substance according to ADN
- We do not use nature-straining silicones in our floatant products
- We use NATIVA (registered trademark) certified raw material in our merino wool products. This ensures that the treatment of the animals have been appropriate and you can retrace the animal all the way to the production site.
- GULFF Purewaste shirts: Each T-shirt saves 2,700 litres of water, and each sweatshirt saves 6,200. Pure Waste is a Finnish company breaking new ground in textile recycling. Purewaste shirts are made from 100% recycled materials.
- GULFF Socks manufacturing: Energy saving program. Current average factory worker relationship is 18 years (Finland). 100% of the production waste is recycled and re-used. Nativa wool is Blue-signed and chlorine free
- GULFF Packaging is always cardboard or a nature-friendly option if possible
- We do not manufacture normal battery operated UV torch products
- We primarily use the train to transport our products from the country of origin
- GULFF fly tying scissors have replaceable blades